Online gambling is finally legal in Connecticut, joining several other states where similar gaming legislation has been passed. We’ve since put our team to work to research the new CT online casino market and test the gambling sites made available to us.
Use our list to quickly find a new Connecticut online casino that matches your preferences. Or, read on to find out more about online gambling in the state, how the laws work, what you can expect in terms of games, bonuses, and transactions – and more.
Top Newest Connecticut Online Casinos 2023
|Casino||Full Name||Expert Rating||Deposit Bonus||Release date|
|US A||United States Casino A||5.0 / 5||100% up to $1000 & 500 Free Spins|
T&Cs – Play responsibly (18+)
|US B||United States Casino B||4.9 / 5||100% up to $1000 & 500 Free Spins|
T&Cs – Play responsibly (18+)
|US C||United States Casino C||4.8 / 5||100% up to $1000 & 500 Free Spins|
T&Cs – Play responsibly (18+)
The NOC Research
Overview – Connecticut Online Casino Sites
Residents of Connecticut who are 21 years and older can legally visit several popular established online CT casinos, claim welcome bonus offers, play slots, live casino games, table games, and place sports bets.
As long as you’re located within the state, you’ve got access to new online casinos where you can play with real money legally. We recommend checking our list above, where you can conveniently choose a safe and licensed CT gambling site, and in most cases get access to a casino bonus as well.
If you’re interested in knowing more about Connecticut online casinos, however, we’ve created this guide to help you and cover the most important topics, including links to useful resources, recommendations, and more good stuff.
Legal Online Gambling in Connecticut
It’s long overdue, but online gambling in several forms is now legal in the state of Connecticut. If you’re over 21, you can legally participate in online casino activities in CT. For eager players at the age of 18, you can still take part in the lottery, keno, or fantasy sports.
Connecticut online casinos are licensed and regulated by the Connecticut Gaming Commission. They’re responsible for enforcing gambling laws, making sure that casinos are operating fairly and legally within the state.
It’s worth noting that you’ll be liable for tax on any winnings, which is the case for any state where online gambling is legal. Make sure that you keep records of any wins and losses to avoid any problems when it’s time to submit a tax return.
How to be responsible
You’d be wise to take advantage of the many responsible gambling resources available to Connecticut players. There are multiple official websites with various resources, including live chats, phone numbers to call or text, and support group meetings.
There’s also the option to self-exclude from any online casino in Connecticut, which will make it easier to limit your gambling presence.
You have multiple options, but here are the two main websites for responsible gambling in CT:
Furthermore, you can call 888 789-7777 for the Connecticut Problem Gambling Hotline or text CTGAMB to 53342.
Casino Games to Play
We’re happy to report that the most reputable online casinos in Connecticut offer a wide variety of casino games in different categories. This means that no matter what type of game you prefer to play, you’re in for a good time at any CT online casino.
Whether you’re into virtual slot machines, classic table games, live dealer games, lottery, or sports betting, the online casino market in CT has you covered. Not every site is going to have every type of game, but you’ll know beforehand what each of them has to offer. Let’s take a quick look at each casino game type.
- Online slots – The most common and popular type of online casino game is the traditional slot machine. It’s easy to understand and play and doesn’t require any skill, which is perfect for beginners. Connecticut casinos will usually offer a few hundred slots.
- Table games – Those looking for a more traditional gambling experience should look for the classic table game section. This is where you’ll find classics such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, dice, video poker, and much more.
- Live dealer games – If you want a truly authentic experience online, you’ll want to try the live dealer versions of table games. This variant lets you face a professional live dealer which whom you’ll be playing and interacting in real-time.
- Sports betting – Some players are just looking to place bets on their favorite sports, and this is something that’s more widespread throughout the United States, including Connecticut. Choose between multiple CT sports betting sites with extensive sportsbooks and bet on your team.
- Fantasy sports – If you’re over 18 but not old enough (21) to participate in online casinos CT, there are daily fantasy sports to enjoy, available at the most popular casino and sports betting sites.
- Lottery – Another gambling activity you can partake in at the age of 18 is the state lottery. Lottery sites such as SugarHouse only offer lotteries, which means there are no online casino games or betting.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options in CT
Credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets, electronic checks, prepaid cards, and bank transfers. Whichever you prefer, you can count on secure and smooth transactions at any licensed CT online casino. We’ll always recommend that you use the same payment method for both deposits and withdrawals whenever possible for the best experience, so keep that in mind.
Our team has provided you with a list of various payment providers available at Connecticut casinos online, although we should note that availability will vary from one casino to another. Check out the table below for a list of common and reputable payment providers.
|Discover||Skrill||Electronic checks (ACH)|
New CT Online Casino Bonus Offers
Did you know that you can get more real money to play with simply by claiming a casino bonus at any new online casino in Connecticut? There are different types available depending on which casino site you visit, but the most common ones are going to be the first deposit match bonuses.
Below is our rundown of the bonus types that you’re most likely to encounter at an online CT casino. By visiting different casino sites, you can claim multiple bonuses, which will give you more funds to play with, at the cost of wagering. Note that you may need a promo code to claim a bonus in some cases.
- Match bonus – This type of promotion is usually tied to your welcome bonus/deposit bonus offer. The casino will match the amount that you deposit after signing up, often with 100%, meaning you’ll get double the funds to play games with.
- Risk-free day (refund bonus) – Sometimes, during your first day at a new casino, they’ll give you a risk-free bonus day, which refunds all of your losses (up to a certain amount), so you don’t have to worry if your first day isn’t going as planned.
- No-deposit bonus – In some cases, you’ll get a small amount of money to use at the casino without having to make a deposit of your own. This is called a no-deposit bonus since it requires no deposit.
When did online gambling become legal in Connecticut?
Online casino sites have been legal and available in Connecticut since October 2021. They’re licensed and regulated by the Connecticut Gaming Commission.
How old do I need to be to play at online casinos in CT?
You need to be at least 21 years old to participate in most gambling activities online in Connecticut. However, at 18, you can still play the lottery and fantasy sports online.
Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings?
Yes, gambling winnings are taxable in CT. This includes both federal and state taxes. We recommend keeping detailed records of your wins and losses.
Are the casino games fair?
Since the few available online casinos in Connecticut are properly licensed and regulated, you can rest assured that they’re secure and safe, and the games played are completely fair and random.
Sources and References