Our search for the best new online casinos in Canada never stops. The Canadian casino market is churning out fresh new casinos on the regular. Keeping track can be difficult, but our mission is to keep researching and analyzing that very same market to find the perfect new sites to add to our list.
Make sure you grab a new casino bonus once you’ve picked your next casino destination from the list below. It’s a surefire way to get more money and spins to play around with.
Best Newest Canadian Casinos 2023
|Casino||Full Name||Expert Rating||Deposit Bonus||Play|
|GSlot||5.0 / 5||C$3000 Welcome Pack & 350 Free Spins|
T&Cs - Play responsibly (18+)
|SkyCrown||5.0 / 5||C$3000 Welcome Pack & 350 Free Spins|
T&Cs - Play responsibly (18+)
|1bet||4.9 / 5||100% up to C$750|
T&Cs - Play responsibly (18+)
The Research Overview
The benefits of choosing new online casinos
Canada has a constant influx of new casino sites, whether it’s native or from overseas, there are always new additions to the market for our team to test and review. We think new sites come with multiple benefits.
There’s more than one reason someone would prefer to play at a new online casino. You might be wondering if there can really be such a big difference between older, established casinos and new, modern ones. For the most part, there isn't. However, the differences that are there make new casinos pop enough to make them worth your while.
After lots of testing, we’ve found that there are plenty of upsides to playing at new Canadian casinos. Let’s take a look.
- Get a new welcome bonus every time. First deposit bonuses are usually the most generous. By visiting new casinos, you can claim a new welcome bonus each time to get more funds and spins.
- Modern software and made for mobile. New sites tend to be made for mobile from the ground up and utilize innovative software to make your life easier and experience smoother.
- Use the most popular payment methods. New casino operators will opt to partner with the right payment providers. Based on statistics, they know which providers are reliable and the most popular among players.
- The implementation of proper gamification. Gamification systems have become trendy lately, adding new enticing elements, features and rewards to the overall experience. This raises the entertainment value for players looking to do more than just spin.
- Themes that bring the immersion to a new level. Older casinos might’ve gone for a generic look, letting the games do the work instead. New operators are turning their websites into fun, vibrant experiences with any theme you can imagine. We’ve seen the best of mythology, fantasy, sci-fi, animals, and royalty.
How we hand-picked our list of New Canadian casinos
We’ve reviewing new casinos for many years. The process we go through before writing a review is straightforward, but it’s important work that takes a lot of time and resources.
We do perform actual testing on these sites to make our research as thorough as possible. There are a lot of steps involved in this process. Below are some of the steps taken by our reviewers to ensure we get as much valuable information as possible.
- Licence check and verification. Our team confirms that the licence associated with the casino brand is in fact valid. This is done through the licence registry.
- Independent or established operator? There’s more reason (and easier) to trust an established operator with an extensive portfolio of casinos. However, we still do our due diligence to make sure an independent operator is secure and licensed as well.
- Payment methods and transaction speeds. It’s essential that players have secure payment options to choose from. We also like to test transaction speeds not only for deposits but more importantly for payouts, as that’s what we value the most.
- Bonuses and VIP programs. The biggest bonuses are not always the best ones. It’s important that our team checks the wagering requirements and other terms attached to the bonus offers. On top of that, we like a good VIP program to dive into that rewards consistent play.
- Games in various categories. The mark of any good new casino is how many quality games and software providers are offered from the get-go. Slots may be the most popular, but there are many categories to delve into and try. This is a good time to test how games handle on a mobile screen too.
- Availability in Canada. Some casino sites may be restricted and unavailable to Canadian players. To ensure that you can access and play at a new casino from our list, we’ve tested each casino both locally and via VPN. If it works in Canada, it’s eligible (but not guaranteed) to end up on our comparison lists.
Picking the best payment method for Canadians
Canadian players have many options when it comes to picking a payment method to make deposits and withdrawals. Transactions have been made easy by the fact that players can use credit cards, e-wallets and even bank transfers.
We’ve compiled a list of each payment provider available to Canadian players at online casinos. Do note that not every new casino will have all of these options available.
|Credit/Debit cards||E-wallets||Bank transfers||Cryptocurrency|
Refer to our table in the next section for more information about the transaction speeds of each payment option.
Faster and more secure transactions
Depending on which payment method you use, your transaction times may vary. More importantly, however, is that you can always expect safe and secure transactions regardless of the option you choose. Take a look at the table below to find out which payment provider can offer the fastest transactions. Speed may also vary between individual casinos.
|Payment provider||Processing time|
|VISA/Mastercard||3-5 banking days|
How to start playing at a new Canada online casino
If you’re eager to start playing, we’re not going to keep you waiting. To help you out, we’ve put together a brief step-by-step guide aimed at making your account creation, first deposit and payout easier.
- Create your new casino account
Select a new Canadian online casino from our list above. Our team has tested, compared and ranked each casino on the list so that you’re only presented with the best choices.
The registration process is straightforward. You’ll enter essential details such as your name, age, address and email. The entire process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Additional identification may be required in some cases as well, including documents to verify your identity.
- Claim a bonus offer
Before completing the registration process, you’ll often be faced with the choice of claiming a welcome bonus package. It’s a type of first-deposit bonus that can only be claimed once per new account. Sometimes this choice is made after account creation, during your first deposit.
- Make a deposit
To make a deposit, you need to pick a banking method. Canadian players have many choices here, ranging from credit and debit cards to e-wallets and bank transfers. Interac is a popular choice in Canada.
Once you’ve selected a payment method, you can visit the cashier (or account page) to deposit funds. We recommend starting small while depositing just enough to be eligible for the welcome bonus offer.
- Start playing
Your deposited funds should be available in your account instantly. You can now start playing any games you like, ranging from slot machines to live and table games. If you claimed a bonus, we recommend checking which specific slots count toward your wagering requirement, so that you can get that out of the way first.
- Get your payout
You’ve been playing some, and you’ve won real money. With enough funds available in your casino account and the wagering requirement fulfilled, you can make a withdrawal to your bank account.
Go back to the cashier page and select Withdrawals. Enter the amount you want to withdraw and if you’re eligible, your winnings should be available in your bank account as soon as within a few hours, depending on your choice of payment method.
Canadian gambling laws – What you need to know
Every country comes with its own gambling laws and regulations. In Canada, it’s actually illegal to run online casinos within the country. Instead, players will have to rely on offshore casinos to get their fix. It’s worth noting that this doesn’t really affect how Canadian players visit casinos online.
Here’s everything you need to know about the online gambling laws in Canada and how offshore casinos operate:
- Is it legal to gamble online in Canada? Yes, as a citizen of Canada you are legally allowed to gamble at any offshore casino online.
- It’s illegal to operate casinos in most of Canada. The offshore casinos available are operating illegally but they’re still licensed and regulated.
- There are online casinos accepting C$. Many of the casino sites available to Canadian players do in fact accept C$.
- Multiple casino sites can be played in English or French. There are a plethora of offshore casino sites that have multiple language options.
Since April 2022, casino players from Ontario have been able to visit legal online casinos locally. With restrictions lifted, certain online casinos can now operate in Ontario. Operators can now apply for a gambling licence in Ontario. Some of the upsides that come with locally regulated casino sites include:
- More responsible gambling tools
- All transactions in Canadian dollars
- Canadian support options
- Easier to settle potential disputes
To play at an Ontario online casino, you need to be at least 19 years old.
Get help for problem gambling
All fun and games aside, we need to take problem gambling seriously. If you or anyone you know has fallen victim to problem gambling, there’s help to get. By contacting the appropriate Canadian authorities, you can get the help they need. We recommend taking a gambling problem test to better understand and map out your gambling behaviour. Read more in our responsible gambling guide.
A good place to start, after being able to admit that you might have a gambling problem, is here:
The future – New casinos in Canada 2023
We’ve finally seen some legalization of online casinos in Canada, specifically in Ontario so far. This opens up a possible future where more provinces start licensing and regulating the casino market.
Such licensing would make it more convenient for Canadian players to visit online casinos with safer regulation, better banking options and local currency. Furthermore, it’s possible that real money casino apps would be available for download on mobile devices.
If Canada proceeds in this direction, there’ll be a lot more options for the average casino player.
Are new Canadian casino sites trustworthy?
Yes, you can trust a properly licensed Canadian online casino. To ensure that it has a verified licence, we recommend picking a site from our list. If live in Ontario, you can also visit a locally licensed online casino.
Should I play at new or old online casinos?
The choice is yours. We prefer playing at new casinos, as it gives us to option to pick up a new generous welcome bonus, try new games and enjoy new themes and VIP programs.
Can I get a new casino bonus in Canada?
Yes, most new casino sites will offer some type of bonus, whether it’s a first-deposit match bonus or a pile of free spins. Players in Canada are often eligible for a welcome bonus when making their first deposit at a new online casino.
What is one reason to pick a new casino?
To get a new first-deposit bonus! In our opinion at least, this is the best reason to switch to a new casino site. Other perks include modern payment options, gamification, better mobile support and exciting themes.
The team at NOC puts a serious amount of effort into the research and analysis that goes into testing and reviewing every new online casino. Most of our guides and casino ratings are internally peer-reviewed. All of the content found on our website is fact-checked and verified by experts before being published. This ensures that we can remain a trusted and accurate source of information in the industry.
We're always looking to improve our test methodology in all of its iterations. We greatly value your feedback and suggestions, which can be sent to us via our contact form. Our goal is to continuously improve and refine our methodology to better align with what you, the readers, care about.
Sources and references